Unicorns are some of my favorite cryptids. I have been very lucky to be working on the Design Team for Blank Page Muse, and they just released these adorable Fantasy Unicorn stamp set by Katie Lamb.
With the release of these new images, I was able to play with them a bit and came up with some Artist Trading Cards to show them off.
These cards were stamped on a white glossy card stock, cut down, embossed and hand colored.
Three Blank artist trading cards cut from White Glossy card-stock 2.5″w x 3.5″h
Black Pigment Ink
Unicorn Stamp set (Unicorn, Moon, and Stars) from Blank Page Muse
Black Embossing Powder
Alcohol Ink Markers
Post-it note/masking pads
1. Using the pigment ink, stamp out a few of the smaller stamps in the corners. These also need to have masks stamped out as well since these will be in the foreground of the card.
They will also need to be embossed while they are still moist.
2. Cut out and place the mask across the embossed stamped images.
3. Layer the larger stamps around the masked stamps. Emboss those.
4. After everything is completely embossed, start coloring in the cards. Once it’s all colored in, color the edges carefully with black ink.
5. Sign the other side of the card. You’re done!
I love how these particular images are so easy to color and how graphic they allow you to be. I can see so many uses for them, from children’s decorations to Art Journal pages. I really look forward to using more of these in the future.