Love Ties that Bind

My rubber stamps have gotten me into a lot of interesting crafting moments. This happens to be one of those “interesting” times. I tend to pull themes out of my collections and will spend a month just playing with those picked theme stamps and papers. Since I had been working on Halloween, I just kept making things with the horror stamps whether it was Halloween or not.

I do this mostly for convenience and to challenge myself to put together elements that aren’t typically used together. Sometimes it’s super hard to really get stuff going, but in this case the colors and my stash made it pretty easy.

Generally, when I make Stamp projects I will make extra elements to make sure I have at least one good piece to use. In this case I had an extra stamped and embossed TV, Frankenstein and his Bride. So it was a matter of just using these up to me.

Using up scraps is my priority, so I used a flower background paper that was in a pad that was nearly empty, and a quarter of a sheet of star embossed velum.

The TV was already cut, decorated and ready to use. I had colored with Tombo and embossed with clear using pigment black ink as the base. Frankenstein and his Bride were just stamped on glossy card stock with permanent ink and hand colored.

I measured just outside of the opening for the TV screen and cut out two squares of the velum that would layer one on top of the other. Using the glue stick, I lined the backside of the card near the lip of the TV screen opening and then pressed the velum to it, wrong side matching the back of the card. The shiny side of the velum with the stars should be face out they the tv opening.

The stars/nice part of the velum should show on the front of the card, thru the TV hole.

I moved quickly and slid the feet of the Bride and Frankenstein between the inside bottom of the TV screen hole and the velum. Their feet get sandwiched between the TV and the velum, and they stand up within the TV.

I decided to not glue much more of the figures to the TV but made sure their bases were glued and stuck together. Using a few pieces of foam tape, I put those on the back of the card for some lift.

I had a sentiment from a card set, which I punched out, inked the sides with black and matted to a corresponding color card stock paper. I glued those together and mounted it directly to the flowered background base paper.

Once sentiment was glued down, the TV was mounted at an angle.

These die cut waves were added as a third layer. Doubling up two different colored dies and layering them to show both colors, I used two layers of foam tape on 2/3 of the wave back and left the wave to lay flat against the TV frame using glue to keep in place.

Wanting a little more to balance off the composition, I stamped a moon in a die cut circle and hand colored it using Tombo. I mounted it using foam tape on the corner of the card.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s