Like many others, I have a problem.
I’m a craft hoarder.
Craft supplies are my downfall, my joy and the reason why my bank account has a lot less money there. Because of this, it’s my goal to try to use up my craft stash as much as possible, before I buy new stuff.
This doesn’t always happen, as I come across stuff that I just can’t pass up. I do altered art so found objects, boxes, doodads and just junk, I collect. But really, I am trying to get through my crap!
So here is the first project using up some wrapping paper, rubber stamps (that are over 20 years old), Dylusions Ink, Matte Medium and glazing medium.
I had some card stock that was pre-cut into postcard size 4X6. I stamped on one side using my “Postcard” address using a non-water reactive ink.
This is some wrapping paper that has been in my craft stash, unused for over five years. It’s time to try to use this stuff up!
Cut the wrapping paper to size slightly larger than the postcard to allow for any sliding as it is glued down.
Matte Medium is used for “glue.”
Glazing Medium is used for sealant. Cheap sponge brush is used for application of the mediums.
Apply Matte Medium on both sides of the paper where the wrapping paper needs to be glued on to (wrong side of wrapping paper, blank side of white postcard).
Matte Medium to glue and seal.
I decided to give a lot of extra room on the wrapping paper because originally I was going to wrap the excess around the pre-cut postcard. But I ended up trimming these off.
In order to help these dry better, I found these Painter’s Pyramids at Home Depot that lift the paper up off the tables to help them not stick.
Trimming of all the edges for smoothness with a paper trimmer.
Dylusions ink sprays (by Ranger) were used, a mix of their yellow and orange mists were sprayed over a light spray of water on the card.
Used embossing gun to quick dry them.
Applied Glazing Medium with some of the inks like a wash.
I wanted to add some sort of element, so I cut a smaller square of colored fabric, 2 X 2 square.
Grabbing my fret knot stencil and black ink pad.
I stamped out using the stencil and added some embossing ink as well.
Using copper embossing powder (Judikins Embossing powder) and my heat gun, I melted the powder into a shiny surface.
Using Glazing Medium, I glued the smaller box onto the postcard and sealed it as well with the medium.
Here is a sample of the completed postcards, a few using different embossing powders (psychedelic clear).